Nomenclature and Constitution
1. The competition shall be known as the Landlords’ Trophy and shall be competed on a knockout basis by all Clubs annually playing in the League. Clubs having more than one team in the League shall have one entrant only to this competition. All Premier Division Clubs shall be exempt from playing in this competition until the round of the last 32 competing clubs.
Entrance Fee, Subscription, Deposit
2. (A) The entrance fee to the Landlords’ Trophy shall be fifteen pounds (£15).
(B) A Club shall not participate in the competition until the Entrance Fee has been paid.
Management, Nomination, Election
3. The competition shall be governed by the LMC in accordance with the Rules, Regulations and Practices of the Football Association.
Qualification Of Players
8. (A) Any bona-fide member of a club (as defined in League Rule 8) shall be eligible to play for that Club in this Competition (subject to other relevant clauses in these rules).
(B) No player is eligible to play in this competition for more than one Club.
(C) The Management Committee shall decide all qualification disputes.
(D) No player signed after 31st December in the playing season shall be eligible to play in this competition.
(E) Any Club playing an ineligible player or players shall be fined thirty pounds (£30) and disqualified from the competition.
(F) Before playing in any semi final or final a player must have played at least three (3) competitive games for his Club in the Wakefield and District Sunday Football League.
Times Of Kick-Off, Postponements, Substitutes, Etc.
10. (A) The Management Committee shall fix the dates in the season on which the rounds of the competition shall take place.
(B) Except by permission of the Management Committee all matches must be played on the dates originally fixed but priority shall be given to The Football Association, County Association and District F.A. Competitions. All other matches must be considered subservient. Any club failing to play the team against which it is drawn shall be fined thirty
pounds (£30) and disqualified from the competition. All rounds of the competition up to and including the final should be played on a Sunday except where circumstances beyond the control of the LMC dictate otherwise. Kick-off times for semi-finals and finals may be varied from those indicated in League Rule 10(B).
When the semi-finalists are known the Clubs concerned will sign a binding agreement in regard to the date(s) upon which the semi-final(s) and final(s) will be played.
(C) All rounds prior to the semi-finals shall be played on the ground of the first drawn team. Semi-Finals and the Final shall be played on a neutral ground arranged by the LMC. Extra time, if necessary, of fifteen (15) minutes each way will be played in all ties. If the scores are still level at the completion of extra time the tie shall be decided by a penalty competition in accordance with F.I.F.A. Rules.
(D) In the event of a match not being played or abandoned owing to causes over which neither Club has control, it shall be replayed in it’s entirety on a date given by the Management Committee.
(E) In the event of a match not being played or abandoned owing to the actions of either or both Clubs the Management Committee shall reserve the right to fine the offending Club or Clubs thirty pounds (£30) and disqualify them from the competition.
(F) The semi finals and final tie shall be played on neutral grounds appointed by the LMC and where practicable an entrance charge shall be made.
(G) Mementoes may be presented to members of each competing Club in the final and the match officials. Normal match fees and travelling expenses shall be paid by the League to the match officials in accordance with Rule 13(E).
(H) After payment of all expenses incurred in the playing of the semi-finals and final any residue shall become part of League funds.
All other relevant League Rules shall be applied to this competition.